Saturday, August 29, 2009

blogging: to do or not to do

Facebook, blogging...what should I do?
As far as facebook is concerned, after many invites for getting on the bandwagon, I've tried to debate myself out of it. The thing is I still can't see a meaningful benefit of this kind of "social networking". Many people have turned it into a tool for self-projection. Then with an apparent competition on having the largest network, facebookers have aquired a long list of superficial friendships. And lastly, I can't overlook the complete loss of privacy on facebook: What should be private has become a public affair, for others to see and comment on. So, I don't know really if its such a good idea, in spite of the fact that I know it's so popular that I can become unpopular by just commenting against it!
Now with blogging, there seems to be more room for sensible, useful interaction. And that's what has lead me here, hoping that after exploring it through this course, I can convince myself of making good use of this oppurtunity to connect with people. And btw my name is Hadeed.

No comments: