Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Coaching vs. Coach able

As a "newbie" it dawned on me how much 'I don't know what I don't know', yet! Therefore as I begin, I am aware that the only way I can actually learn, absorb and apply these NEW tools and lessons is by reading, doing & following the experts in their step by step process. The teaching some agree, I'm NOT alien to. I do-do a lot (most of which IT likely is) in my professional, training & recreational life, except for there 'I' am usually the teacher or the 'Coach'. I've also realized in this exercise how much 'a-must' it is for ME to be 'coach able' and willing to learn. THAT is a challenge for me & most. I am now A Kohai (translates as "eager student"), a term used frequently in the Dojo or a classroom for Martial Arts where I spend a great deal of time. Thus, my title. My Goal IS, I suppose is; to make a difference in mine & others lives by expressing myself through this Blog and what it is like for me to learn how to write & participate in a maybe a not so NEW but for me, still a kind of abstract Viral Medium which, we ALL are seeing and hearing grow at an eXponential rate! So, please join me as I take my first steps, as a White-Belt if you will, on journey & experience I hope shall take us wonderfully fulfilling, hopefully humorous and maybe even exciting places...

No comments: