Sunday, February 21, 2010

Double Vision: The Joys of Photography


For over thirty years I have been passionate about photography.

From my first film camera to my first point-and-shoot, and now my professional grade EOS digital cameras, I see things first with my eyes and then through the lens.

While my eyes find something about a subject that draws me in, when the camera lens separates my eyes from the subject, another dimension is added. It is always great fun for me to see how my right brain interprets what lies before me. I never quite know until the images have been captured in digital form.

The tag line for my business has long been 'Embracing the Varied Beauty of Life'; and yet there are two distinct views of what I see and how I capture it. Any photographer will likely tell you the same thing.

However, for me, it is one of the pure joys of photography. Allowing my intuitive and creative self interpret what my physical being is able to absorb in totally new and exciting ways.

Get out there with your camera, no matter how simple or sophisticated - and let your two worlds collide in images that reflect more than you know you are at that moment. Happy shooting!

No comments: