Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blogging with Training Wheels

I'm a 26 y/o single mother and my BFF convinced me to start a blog which we titled "The Upside of Mom", about my life as a single parent raising a 16 month old daughter alone, and the struggles, challenges, and triumphs my daughter and I face together.

Problem is, I'm one of those people who has trouble committing to things - relationships, projects, ideas, its almost always half-done. I find myself with little free time to write daily, and I found I struggled with new and interesting ideas to post about relative to the overall general topic of the blog. I never did a blog before, was oblivious to what it entailed, and for now, The Upside of Mom is password protected and on hiatus until I figure out what the hell I am doing.

My other BFF, Lauren, who lives on the other side of the country, is my confidante and my sounding board, and she has been encouraging me to get back on the horse, except maybe this time I should also write about my passion for cooking, the law, and of course, finding true love-all of this while raising a toddler, and relentlessly searching for a new, better job.

The upside of it all is that I've found a man who likes me just as I am-complicated, intense, deep thinking and funny, despite my flaws. I have a feeling this could lead 2 something magical

So goodbye mediocre ramblings disguised as a blog, hello world welcome to my life.

1 comment:

History Lover said...

I love it! It's perfect! Stick to it biffle, Dana loved it to!!! I loved it... It was so well done!!!!