Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And away we go....

Hello blog world. I have always been a big fan of the television show, "Sex And The City". When the show was on HBO I never missed an episode. My favorite part was always when Carrie, our leading lady, sat in front of her computer and began writing her newest article about what it was like being single in New York. We would see those letter flash across the screen posing a new question which lead to the theme of the episode.

Recently I relocated from a small college town in the midwest to Los Angeles and plopped myself right in the heart of West Hollywood. Being in the middle of the action of what people call "boys town" I began to question what makes this community and its inhabitants tick. What are people thinking about while they hang out in the lively bars on Santa Monica? Are they just having fun or is there a deeper meaning to all this activity?

Then I thought that this would make a great theme for a blog. So here I am to learn the fine art of blogging. While I have had a little experience with photo blogs in the past, I was never really satisfied with the content. When I take the time to sit down and write I enjoy the thoughts and discussions which I create. But doing it is a battle with so many other things tugging at me. That's why I decided to take this course with the hopes that the process of learning more about this craft will help me define my own thoughts and give me some discipline to maintain and share some great content. Keep your fingers crossed. I have some good discussion ideas and thoughts to share. I hope that it pans out and maybe you will join me as a reader on the journey.

No comments: