Sunday, June 12, 2011

Born-again Blogger

Greetings!

This is not my first blog post, but it is my first as a blogging student - hence my "born-again" status ;) I first began blogging almost a decade ago on a friend's blog. I was the only female posting on the site full of monkey men. It was a lot of fun. As time went on, my posts got better and better and they attracted more viewings and more comments. I was even pretty controversial. My head swelled and I thought, "I should have my own blog, people are chomping at the bit to read what I have to say." So, I started the first of two blogs. Both failed miserably. My first didn't attract one reader not even a spammed comment. In the second, I essentially strong-armed some friends and family to become followers and although they complied, only a couple actually read a post and commented out of sheer pity. It was very discouraging. I tried to go back to my friend's blog but I'd evolved as a person since posting on that site so its contents didn't hold the same interest to me and I didn't have the same appeal. I believed my blogging days to be over.

That said, I haven't been able to get blogging out of my mind! I moonlighted, very briefly, as a ghost-blogger but it felt so horribly wrong I quickly resigned. No, if I was to blog it was going to be my own blog, on my terms, posting what interested me in my personality and style. Which got me thinking, surely there's something out there that'll help me to become a better, more successful blogger. And that brings us to now...

See you in the blogosphere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back in the game! Sounds like you have it under control this time around.

Jackie
My Attempt at Blogging