Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Going Kicking and Screaming into the 21st Century

Technology is moving too fast for me. In high school, I bragged about typing 93 words a minute with 3 errors on a manual typewriter. This year two teens won $100,000 for texting 120 words in 2 minutes and 28 seconds.
A friend coerced me into joining Facebook and then taunts me with email messages about writing on my wall. I'd sign in again, if only I could remember that clever password I created.
My co-worker set up my workstation on a virtual server. I don't get it. I made him sit an unplugged computer under my desk.
My grandkids asked me to play WII with them. I thought someone has misspelled a video game about WWII. It's uncomfortable for me. I've flung the controller, hit myself in the head with it, and lost every bowling match I've played to a 6-year-old.
Blogging just seemed like the next hurdle.

No comments: