Sunday, January 16, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

Hello and welcome to my world! I'm a homeschooling mom of three and I've been on the incredible homeschooling journey since my son was 4 years old. There have been some valleys and creeks to cross along the way, but the beauty from the hilltops make the valleys seem small and the creeks seem shallow.

We live on a small farm in the middle of no where, so when the kids have an exceptionally bad day, I can go outside and yell and no one can hear me! It certainly has its advantages! When I see the children beaming from learning something new about how a farm can help them to be self-sufficient, it makes my heart proud! They've learned everything from vegetable gardening, to fishing, to growing beef cattle. Nature surrounds us, so science has been a big adventure.

In addition to homeschooling, I love to spend time in my water garden and spy on the hummingbirds in the spring and summer. When I'm inside, I like to share my love for sewing and crocheting with my daughter. I promised I wouldn't tell, but if you can keep a secret, I'll let you know that even my boys like to crochet from time to time! It never hurts to have a hidden talent! I have a great love for cooking, but cleaning the kitchen is not my favorite pastime. It's great when I can sweet-talk hubby into doing that for me!

So that you don't wonder about my kids' socialization issues, I'll let you know up front that we are very active in a local homeschool co-op and take pride in community activities. We help at a local food bank, visit nursing home patients, and go on many field trips all over the state and even a few across the country. We've made many lifetime friends through the homeschooling community that none of us would trade for the world!

If you've ever had thoughts about homeschooling or living on a farm in the middle of no where, you've had some pretty good thoughts! Both adventures open many doors and make life truly fun-filled and exciting. I'm so glad you stopped by to visit! If you have questions about homeschooling, check out what other parents are saying over at The Parent Community.

No comments: