Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Learning for Work

I have always loved to write. However, I have not always loved for people to read what I write. Therefore, I'm taking this course to become more comfortable with writing about ideas I am okay sharing with people. I've travelled and lived on three different continents and attempted to create a blog to keep my family and friends posted on what I was doing. I found that I did not entirely like sharing everything with anyone. I now work in an office that requires me to often work on our social media. We're in the middle of enhancing our blog and making it a priority and I thought this would be a good way to go about preparing myself.

I have done some work on grant writing. For instance:


SCIENCE4US MISSION:
The US weakness in science education starts in the primary grades (NAEP, 2009). Science4Us (S4U) seeks to relaunch primary school education through an original, powerful, online curriculum that leverages three emerging phenomena:
  • technologically savvy learners are engaged in digital learning
  • school infrastructure is ready (human & technical) to integrate online curriculum
  • installation of computer based standardized science tests in elementary schools and revised learning frameworks are imminent
S4U is committed to implementing the most innovative, research based, educational practices to address the needs of 21st century learners and encourage STEM education. S4U believes in the research process and seeks to contribute to the knowledge base through original research... (something like that) S4U is developed and marketed by Time4Learning, a rapidly growing 30 person company with success creating and marketing innovative applications to US elementary schools.

Scope and Sequence
The mission of Science4Us is to teach fundamental science concepts to  students iwhen they are young and impressionable. The goal is not not just interest, not just competence but to create  a deep understanding and interest in science can be built.  

No comments: