Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So you want to know all about me?

He walked through knee deep snow, the icy wind snapping at his face like an angry terrier. He was only a mile from the hospital, he could even see the large clock tower on the hospital grounds through the trees as the wind moved the large branches. His journey had taken almost an hour, battling the elements and now his hands and feet stung as the blood flowed back into them. he hobbled gently up to the maternity ward, clean and warm and smelling of talcum powder, he had no idea of what to expect. There in front of him was his wife of 10 years, she was holding a bundle of blankets and although she looked tired she had a glow, a radiance about her he had never seen before. She looked over at him and smiled, he made that last few steps relatively pain free, she opened the blankets to let him see what lay inside, his eyes widened, his face slackened and he fainted. Thanks Dad, not what I was expecting as a reaction from you!

It got better from then on, blessed with two of the most loving and caring parents I grew up healthy and relatively happy. An only child with a highly active imagination I went through the 60's and 70's being everything from a cowboy to an astronaut and many other things in-between. My father had the wanderlust, he was always looking for something, a trait I am happy to say I have inherited from him and one that has led me around the world several times and the opportunity to live in some of the most magnificent cities in the world.

Now in my mid 40's I am relatively settled here in the USA, England being my birth home, although my poor wife constantly puts up with my never ending desire to move somewhere new and meet new people!

So my new 'adventures' are to be a virtual kind and I intend to use blog writing as a way to live some of my adventures vacariousley through the internet - maybe I will see you on one of my adventures!

No comments: