Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Mommy Cell

I can't say that this is the first time that I have ever posted to a blog. However, the first time was so long ago that I barely remember it. I do remember feeling like I didn't have a clue what I was doing or why I should post it on a blog.

Now here I am again. I am a stay at home mom that homeschools my 2 children. I have previously been a trainer and a school teacher. Now I have volunteered to be an inmate in the Mommy Prison. Don't get me wrong. I love my children and also love homeschooling them. Yet there seems to be less and less time for me. At this point if someone asked me how I do it, I could honestly say "I don't know".

Really, hat's off to all the women who stay at home with their children. This is indeed the hardest job I have ever had. It also doesn't end at any fixed time. I found it easier though much less rewarding to go off to work outside my home.

Another detail about me is that I am someone who had children later than most. Though for me is is a little shocking, there are women my age with grandchildren the same age as my children. At times (though rarely) I have been asked if my daughter was my granddaughter. This of course is never flattering. Yet I proudly claim my place as mom and move on.

Perhaps because I had children later than most, I am so consumed by this role. Really I do not know the reason why. I do wonder however if there are other women out there who are experiencing the same of similar feeling and encounters with other. Well, the fact that I do not personally know any of them does make me feel like I am in a world all my own. As I think about this I imagine that this cannot be the case as there is hardly anything exceptionally unique about my situation. Perhaps I will one day (thanks to a blog) hear from others like myself.

No comments: