Friday, March 11, 2011

Blogging: It's ALL about me!

Blogging has been a secret aspiration of mine for some time. I confess to having started a couple blogs over the years with the idea to share my experience of working in network marketing. Although this is one of the priorities in life (read: source of income for our family), my passions are my faith and family and I just wasn't inspired to invest time and energy into THAT blog!

Part of my desire to blog was my love for words. I love to read. I love to journal. I love to play with words by writing. Writing helps me to clarify my thoughts. Writing provides a means to process life's challenges and document successes. I know the practice of writing assists me in the being a better verbal communicator.

One of my resolutions for 2011 was to make time for my desire to write...and to be part of the HUGE online community of bloggers. Over the past year I've found dozens of amazing mothers with whom I have so much to share. These women inspire me in living my vocation as a wife, mother and homemaker. I want to engage in that community with my own blog.

I have been working on a blog at Typepad called Moments of Grace since late December. 'MyBlog’ is my space to write about my journey living my faith as a wife mother (of 5) and home-maker. I am on a HUGE learning curve but I am LOVING it so far! (Other than the downside of the amount of time it takes me to actually create and publish a post...yikes!)

Some topics I want to blog about: my walk with Christ as a Catholic, marriage, mothering, books, living with gratitude, living well with fibromyalgia, clean eating, and getting out of debt.

At this point I am excited about this Blogging Pre-Course. I plan to enroll in the Blogging 101 course and possibly take some advanced level blogging courses. I am also exploring options to enroll in some online writing courses.

No comments: