Friday, March 11, 2011

I Can't Believe I'm Really Blogging!

To date, I am technologically savvy enough to survive in this world. I have a computer (duh), digital camera, smart phone, mp3 player, e-reader, and other such devices. I do basic tasks on said devices such as search the web, bank online, pay bills, download music and books, send and respond to e-mails, etc. In truth, these devices are wasted on me - they are totally underutilized.

One case in point: I've never tweeted nor have I ever logged onto facebook (much less created a profile.) I have tons of excuses. I've been skeptical (even critical) of those who seem to spend so much time on such things. I claim I don't have the time when in fact I have plenty. I claim my identity might be at risk though pity the fool who would might steal it. I claim we are too reliant on technology but deep inside I understand it's better to get on the bus than get run over by it. So here I am - on the brink of venturing way out of my comfort zone.

I've never considered myself narcissistic and am amazed to think anything I might have to share will be of help or interest to anyone. Everything I've heard about blogging says you must have a quite specific topic and regard it with relative passion. This alone has delayed my first attempt at blogging. You see, as it turns out I'm a trained generalist. No, really, I am. I have a bachelor of science in Family and Consumer Science (aka Home Economics for folks of my generation.) This includes general training in foods, nutrition, health, wellness, parenting, human development, personal finance, consumerism, clothing, textiles, housing, interior design, relationships, etc. Of course, I have my fortes and these will become evident over time.

With that said, be patient as I learn - as I learn more about my subjects, as I learn more about myself and as I learn about you.

1 comment:

NewBlogger said...

I enjoyed your comment and look forward to reading more of your posts.