Thursday, February 12, 2009

Learning to Kick Ass a little harder!

Hi, I started a new blog about 1 week ago and soon realised that I don't really know what I am doing! The blog is called: KickAssSueC.blogspot.com and is intended to be a karate blog. I've put 4 posts out so far and received 1 comment back. I've also posted a few comments on other peoples blogs and entered into some e-mail correspondence with another blogger (which is how I learnt about this course). I suppose that's quite good progress in a week! I've visited several other blog sites and have been impressed with the quality of presentation and the mix of photos/videos/text - they look very professional. I would like my blog site to look more impressive to other people so I'm hoping to learn how to do that. I had intended to keep my blog very focused on discussing karate and not discuss my personal life particularly, unless it has some connection with my karate. My husband and sons have explicitly told me that they don't want to be blogged about so I have to respect their privacy. However, I also notice that other blog sites offer quite a range of different articles, topics and posts, only loosely connected to their blog topic, that add variety to their blogs and spice them up a bit, so I think I need to look at how I can do the same thing on my blog. There is also a lot of blogging jargon to get your head around and I gather a bit of technical know how wouldn't go amiss to truly personalise my blog. I was a bit disappointed that a search engine can't find my blog so I'd like to learn how to make it more visible on the web. I could probably learn all the things I want to know on my own using trial and error but I'm sure the quickest and most effective way to learn will be by taking a blog writing course.

No comments: